Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Get it Together!

My inspiration has been pretty short-lived lately. Flaky. Like my dry little elbows.

Remember how I read "Urban Homesteading" and got all psyched up to transform the barren glass-strewn dirt patches of the neighborhood into verdant guerrilla gardened oases? Or when I made elaborate blog schedules and even mentally blocked off writing dates in my calendar? (Do you see what I did there? I only blocked off the dates in my head rather than committing to them on the binding agreement pages of my planner). I started researching definitions for my Word Nerd posts, but trailed off somewhere; assuming that if my attention was not being held by the subtle joys of household vermiculture, yours probably wouldn't be either. And trying to "cook from scratch" for the month of June was a complete flop.

I think I was so enamoured of this Chihuly sculpture because it reminds me of the chaos of my brain:

 
Reflecting on this scatter-brained refrain of "too many ideas and not enough steam" has given me some helpful insight into restructuring the G3 blog's future. The experiment is already 1/4 over, and so far the only "results" I can show you would be 5 inches of gray roots, some "Everything I touch/eat/smell is going to give me cancer" paranoia and my sock bottle.

But here's the good news: Just like I rarely hit my groove at work before lunch, I think the best stuff is yet to come. I've had a few months to try out the "Throw All Your Random Ideas at the Blog Whenever You Have a Spare Minute" approach, and now I'm ready for a new approach. Focused, calmer.

Less like yellow hot mess of Chihuly and more like lovely daffodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment