Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Random Green Efforts

Two little greeny things that make me happy.

1. You don't actually NEED a plastic, nasty, VOC-spewing shower curtain liner! Check it:


We thought we needed a new shower curtain liner when we bought this new shower curtain at Target. Because, you know, you have a plastic one sheet on the inside to keep the water from spraying all over your bathroom, and a pretty one on the outside to be pretty. But I wondered: what if you just put the fabric curtain inside the tub instead? Unless you have a really hideous rose-pink bath tub you are trying to hide, I highly recommend you try this next time you feel like it's time to retire your grimey, mildewy plastic liner (That never happens to your liners? We must be particularly nast around here.)

No new plastic! And no more looking despondently at the mildewy hems of the interior liner wondering where we went wrong.

2. Less packaged food, more bulk stuff stored in repurposed jars!



No need to buy more glass storage containers! Just save your pasta sauce or peanut butter or salsa jars instead. This makes me happy. Particularly their mixy-matchy sizes and shapes! (Type-A friends may want to lean towards collecting ONE type of jar).


And my favorite make-at-home vegan dish:

Sweet potato, avocado, and usually salsa, but I ran out.

Vegan MOFO has been much MUCH harder than I anticipated. Sigh. At least this is delish, easy, and cheap.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the "recipe" idea! I'm trying that the next time I go grocery shopping. Yum! And I'm also going to start saving my jars for storing too - why didn't I think of that before? :)

    ReplyDelete