Thursday, November 3, 2011

November Gray Update and Month of THANKS

Hey Y'all!

It's November, I have a new haircut, big changes are ahead, and I'm feeling super-duper THANKFUL. Good timing, huh? This month, I'm going to focus on Grace and GIVE THANKS for the abundance, beauty, and love all around me. From now until December 1, I'm going to blog as many posts of THANKS as I can manage.

Since I'm a few days behind this month, I'll get things rolling with a triple scoop of gratitude.

I'm thankful for safe travels this week, and for being surprised with reconnections to dear old friends.

I'm thankful for my husband, Les, who has been seriously stunning me with his awesomeness over the past couple of weeks. I am thankful for his support, encouragement, steady faith, and the twinkle of mischief that can laugh me out of the foulest mood. And have I ever told you that he insists on doing ALL the dishes in our apartment? Partly because he prefers his ultra-clean standards to my "Looks totally not-gross!" pronouncements, but still. Geez. Praise God.

My cute dish-doing hubs.
I'm thankful for the not-too-cold fall days that immediately preceded this disgusting cold drizzle, and for a late afternoon date at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
This snap also captures my new haircut (which I do not love) and the more and more obvious stripes of gray threading through my hair.
 But to get a good look at what the center part is up to, have a gander:

Again with the unflattering pictures. I know. But I really wanted a quick look at the hair under that strategic far flung part of mine. Silver. For reals.

So the rest of this month I'll be thanking and thinking more about living from an posture of abundance, gratitude, and grace. I hope you'll think about these things too! It's so much better than dwelling on the steely gray clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment