Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Smooth skin, guest bloggers, and other fun surprises

One week into the Oil Method face washing and I have to say that I am AMAZED. Seriously. I could sound like an infomercial right now. "Oil Cleansing Method changed my life! I look younger and more well-rested than I have in years! All my problems have been wiped away!" Well, maybe not quite that crazy, but you get the idea.

It could be partly due to where I am in my hormonal cycle, but even if that IS the case, my perma-zits along my jawline and chin are... Gone. G-O-N-E. Smooth, almost unnoticeable pink ovals mark the places where tiny volatile volcanoes sat angrily for years. And those pink ovals are getting smaller and smaller every day. I'll let you know how it is going after I've made it through a full month, but so far, I can heartily endorse this very counter-intuitive sounding oil wash.

Next up: Guest Blogger! Yay! Mia has been hard at work with all manner of Homesteady preserving methods, and she was kind enough to take some photos and write up some tutorials! I'm excited to share those with you this week.

Other Fun Surprises: Blog Editor-in-Chief Auggie has been nutso about his new home-made dog food. Who knew he would gobble lentils and millet and nutritional yeast as eagerly as his nasty canned dog "food"? No packaging waste, no creepy preservatives, no BPA exposure for The Editor. Excellent surprise WIN.

Ok, so maybe that was only a fun surprise for ME. The fun surprise for YOU is that I've been working on a bunch of crafty home-made things lately, and I'm really pleased with the results. I've got a whole photo shoot planned so I can share some of these surprise successes, and would love for you to share your favorite Greeny, Home-made WIN in the comments section. I even have a little prize idea....More details to come.

3 comments:

  1. Alright when I run out of face wash I'm trying this oil thing. I'm very skeptic but you would be about the only one to make me give it a second thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so yesterday night, shortly after posting a comment on your blog, i took the oil plunge. slapped oil and my face and...panicked. absolutely panicked. i think i used the warm washcloth five times in an attempt to get it all off. i kept touching my face all night...worried that i didn't get rid of all the oil. but when i woke up this morning it looked...better. it actually, in all it's zitty goodness, looked better.

    hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alisa - you can TOTALLY do it. It helps if your face is slightly wet when you apply the oil. It feels more like a nice face cream than, well, oil. I still think my skin looks better than it has in a LONG time. You can do it :)

    And Jess - If you can go "no poo", you can totally do this!

    ReplyDelete