Monday, August 29, 2011

Cooking Win!

I made this recipe tonight for dinner:


Udon Noodle Soup with Bok Choy and Poached Egg from The Kitchn
I had never tried to poach an egg before, and it didn't exactly turn out, but it was still delish, quick, easy, healthy, filling, pretty, comforting, brothy.... Many good things.

I couldn't find the nice plump rounded udon noodles anywhere except in those pre-packaged noodle bowls. And the extra packaging, plastic bowl, etc, was not worth it to me so I bought the skinny dry noodles instead. Oh, and I didn't want to bother buying the star anise (for 2 stars!), but I did have the cinnamon stick which added a nice spiciness. Used veg broth instead, of course.

This recipe gets two enthusiastic thumbs up. I'm almost (ALMOST) looking forward to cooler weather so I can whip this up when I am craving noodle soup like crack fiend.

No comments:

Post a Comment