Monday, August 22, 2011

6 Months In!

So today marks 6 months since the start of the G3 experiment. I'm going to choose to be GRACIOUS with myself and with my expectations for twice-weekly blogging and the total life transformation I hoped for back in Feb.

Some things DO feel different. I feel much more aware of my consumption, trash, chemicals, food, products and spending habits. And I feel a little less inclined to indulge my shopping impulses. I think twice before buying something in disposable packaging (but still buy more than my ideal). Awareness is a good step.

Some things look different too.
Like my head:



August seriously flew by. I didn't even have a chance to "work" on anything this month, or even think about an idea to pursue or a problem to tackle. I've got some ideas for September, though, so I'm hopeful I can pick up some momentum for the next 6 months of this grand scheme.

5 comments:

  1. yay, six months in, yay!

    and i have to say, i'm totally diggin' the grey. we're the same age and i have always wanted to have thick grey hair. in fact, one of my white ones fell out the other day in the shower and i was sad.

    apparently, the grass is always greener...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alisa! I'm digging it much more than I thought I would :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. makes you stand out, all unique like, b/c it's so striking. who knew :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a woman my same age in college who was 90% grey. I loved it. It seems like she may have too, as she wore it very long and loose. Beautiful. I really like your hair, friend. I am not so far behind you in the greying department either. We'll rock it together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks Amy! We can definitely rock the gray together. I'm sort of eager to see what it looks like when it's long and crazy.

    ReplyDelete