Thursday, May 26, 2011

Here Comes the Sun(screen)!

So it seems almost silly to write a post about sunscreen today, considering it is a blustery, miserable 47 degrees of drizzle and despair here in beautiful downtown Chicago. But since Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start of summer for the rest of the country, I thought this article about safe sunscreens from the Environmental Working Group was particularly timely:

Best Safe Sunscreens

This will be my first summer of Safe Sunscreens - I have never bought any of the brands listed in the EWG's report - so I don't have any first hand wisdom to share with you.  But I'll plan to try at least a couple of these over the coming months and let you know what I think. Because I am about as pasty as vanilla frosting, and Lord knows I need sunscreen every day that I am not bundled into my parka...

St. Lucia, honeymoon style, June 2010
Here's hoping my sunglasses and tank tops get to come out of storage before the 4th of July!

Hang tough, Chicagoans.

No comments:

Post a Comment