Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Random Green


Les and I were perusing the Whole Foods here in Raleigh, and he pointed to this tea in a reusable glass and said "Hey! Why don't you try that! If you like it, we could replace all our glassware and have some tasty tea with the same $2!".

I love my hubs. And I love that he's on the lookout for reusable, double-duty materials. We've also started making pasta sauce selections based in part on the shape of the jar and lid. Which is awesome, because we recycled all of our repurposed jars before we moved. Too much of a pain to pack, especially considering how often we make pasta.

But hopefully, we'll be able to cut down on the jarred stuff all together and start cooking more and more from scratch. We're still on the lookout for our permanent housing situation, but it will DEFINITELY have a bigger kitchen than our last place. And with a year-round farmers market that still had fluffy green kale, root veggies, nuts, eggs, and cheese for sale in December, I'm hopeful that we'll really dig into Local in a new way here. I'm pumped.

PS - the tea WAS very good, and while the glass itself is a little "ladies who lunch"-style for my taste, it does the job and has a handy lid that doubles as a coaster. Win win win. Oh my gosh, I'm such a dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment